About the Role
Ability to perform pharmacy technician duties using pharmacy dispensing software and provide excellent customer service. Answer the telephone and assist with clerical duties within the pharmacy. The pharmacy technician is responsible for receiving and filling prescription requests for patients under the supervision of the Pharmacist-in-Charge and maintaining patient profiles. Other responsibilities include processing third party insurance claims, maintaining pharmacy inventory, and communicating clearly with patients and pharmacy staff. Must be dedicated, energetic, and responsible with a professional appearance and be able to handle a large volume of patients, customers and transactions. The goal of the pharmacy technician is to provide fast, efficient and friendly service to make sure every customer and visitor leaves with a good impression of our pharmacy.
- Must be at least 21 years of age or older
- High School diploma or GED
- Pharmacy technician license issued by the Alabama State Board of Pharmacy
- At least 3 years of retail experience
- Excellent computer, communication, and math skills
- Ability to learn and accurately operate pharmacy computer systems, cash register, and other equipment
- Attention to detail
- Flexibility to work weekends, nights, and holidays, as required
- Must be able to lift and carry items, as well as stand for duration of shift
- Stocks, faces and rotates merchandise, cleans shelves, understands shelf tags, knows location of merchandise in the store and also in the back room, and if available, walks customers to an item.
- Proactive and courteous customer approach
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with fellow workers and the general public
- Maintain a high level of professional personal appearance and conduct
About the Company
Rocky Ridge Drug Co. is a family owned and operated independent pharmacy. We strive to go the extra mile for our patients and customers and often know them on a first name basis. We love being a part of the Vestavia Hills community and take care of the members of the community like they are part of our family.